Thursday, March 1, 2012

Leonardo da Vinci



My name is Leonardo da Vinci and I am a writer, painter, sculptor, inventor, musician, scientist, and engineer in the Renaissance.  I was born in Florence, Italy (where the Renaissance began) on April 15, 1452. I was apprenticed by Andrea di Cione at the age of fourteen.  I became known as the “Renaissance Master” for the works that I have done during this time.  I am considered to be one of the greatest painters of all time, which is what I am known mostly for.  Two of my most famous paintings were the Mona Lisa and The Last Supper.   Not only was I considered to be one of the greatest painters of all time, but some say I was most diversely talented person to ever live!  People say my vision for the world was much more logical rather than mysterious.  I tried to paint paintings with movement and expression incorporated in them.   By fleeing from social situations most of my paintings never made it off of my sketch pad and were left half finished.  After 1477 I worked independently until 1481.  My paintings were said to have great detail and accuracy.  I was charged with sodomy in 1481 which put a dent in my wonderful reputation just as my career was reaching its peak. I moved to Milan, leaving behind two projects.  In 1516, the king of France invited me to work with him.  On May 2, 1519 I died of unknown causes which are still questioned today.  I believe I was one of the greatest artists to ever live. 

No comments:

Post a Comment